What to know:
Located in the heart of the Minnesota lakes area, Voyager Industries is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and fabricator of aluminum. Voyager Industries manufacturers multiple products to meet the wants and needs of customers around the world.
Proprietary brands include Yetti Fish Houses, Bear Track Trailers, Titan Deck, and Voyager Dock- We know that there is work to be done, and fun to be had. This is why we put ease on our customers mind by building with aluminum. Stronger, longer - when you build with aluminum.
This position is responsible for cutting, fabricating, and welding of the components necessary to create Voyager’s proprietary products.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Mark or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- Clean or degrease parts, using wire brushes, portable grinders
- Performs all necessary maintenance and repair on all equipment used in welding.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to fraction equivalents
- Ability to use weld fillet gauges to ensure proper weld size and interpret tolerances
- Must be able to identify and measure material
- Must be able to lift or move 50-75 lbs. occasionally
Credentials and Experience:
Mechanical ability and proven record of learning new things; willingness to learn entry-level welding position; Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; two years of aluminum welding experience preferred.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pease send your application and/or resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 566
803 Central Ave. N
Brandon, MN 56315
Phone: (800) 980-4940
Fax: (320) 834-4745