General Assembly - 2nd Shift
What to know:
Located in the heart of the Minnesota lakes area, Voyager Industries is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and fabricator of aluminum. Voyager Industries manufacturers multiple products to meet the wants and needs of customers around the world.
Proprietary brands include Yetti Fish Houses, Bear Track Trailers, Titan Deck, and Voyager Dock- We know that there is work to be done, and fun to be had. This is why we put ease on our customers mind by building with aluminum. Stronger, longer - when you build with aluminum.
This position is responsible for assembly functions necessary to create Bear Track Trailers.
Essential Functions and Primary Responsibilities:
- Work with team on production line, assisting in completion of Bear Track Trailers
- Utilize a variety of tools, including pneumatic tools, table and chop saws, shear, in assembly of Voyager’s proprietary products
- Review work orders and blueprints to ensure work is performed according to specifications
- Operate forklift and stand up lift as necessary
- Assist with training new employees in department as needed.
- Maintain productions equipment and machinery
- Shovel, sweep, or otherwise clean work areas
- Follow proper safety protocols
- Follow all quality guidelines
Education, Experience, and Credentials:
Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals, blue prints, and procedure manuals
- Must be able to read a tape measure, identify and measure material
- Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to fractional equivalents
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB
Must be able to:
Perform medium work, lift up to 75 pounds with frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighting up to 25-50 pounds
Stand and walk around the organization repeatedly throughout the day
Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability for assembling objects
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Must be able to use a variety of shop tools, including basic hand tools, pneumatic tools, and saws, as well as computers, printers, and other office equipment
Monday - Thursday, 3:30pm-2:00am
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send your application and/or resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
803 Central Ave. N
Brandon, MN 56315
Phone: (800) 980-4940
Fax: (320) 834-4745