Fabricator (part time position)
What to know:
Located in the heart of the Minnesota lakes area, Voyager Industries is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and fabricator of aluminum. Voyager Industries manufacturers multiple products to meet the wants and needs of customers around the world.
Proprietary brands include Yetti Fish Houses, Bear Track Trailers, Titan Deck, and Voyager Dock- We know that there is work to be done, and fun to be had. This is why we put ease on our customers mind by building with aluminum. Stronger, longer - when you build with aluminum.
This position is responsible for set up, operation, and oversight of machines to saw, cut, shear, split, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten aluminum.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble aluminum components.
- Read work orders or production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, or dimensions and tolerances.
- Hammer, chip, and grind workpieces to cut, bend, and straighten aluminum.
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Turn controls to set cutting speeds, feed rates, or table angles for specified operations.
- Position guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpieces, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Position, align, and secure workpieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
- Examine completed workpieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Measure completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
- Remove high spots and cut bevels, using hand files, portable grinders, and cutting torches.
- Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
- Clean work area.
- Operate forklifts to deliver materials.
Knowledge, skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals, blue prints, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to read a tape measure, identify and measure material.
- Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to fractional equivalents.
- Must be able to lift or move 35-50 lbs occasionally
Credentials and Experience:
Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pease send your application and/or resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 566
803 Central Ave. N
Brandon, MN 56315
Phone: (800) 980-4940
Fax: (320) 834-4745